What’s the best way to minimize your risk of becoming an identity theft victim?
There’s not a lot you can do to stop or prevent identity theft. However, there are some steps to take which will decrease your risk.
- Don’t give out your Social Security Number unnecessarily.
- Use a cross-cut shredder to dispose of documents with personal information.
- Place outgoing mail in collection boxes or the U.S. Post Office.
- Review bank and credit card statements carefully.
- Be very careful how you password protect you financial accounts online. A strong password should be more than eight characters in length, and contain both capital letters and at least one numeric or other non alphabetical character. […]